Last updated: June 30, 2023
This website (referred to herein as the "Website”) is operated by a company (referred to herein as “we” or “us”) within the Dorel Home Furnishings group of companies. The relevant Dorel Home company that is responsible for your Personal Information will be the Dorel Home company that you provided information to.
For more information about the Dorel Home Furnishings group of companies and brands, or the specific Dorel Home company responsible for your Personal Information, please see https://www.dorel.com/pages/home-furnishings-consumer-contacts, or contact us by using the contact details listed below.
I want to know...
What data you collect about me | Why you process data about me
What are my privacy rights | How can I exercise my privacy rights
How and with whom you share my data | How you transfer data across country borders
How long you keep data about me |I want to ask a privacy question
- Who we are
- Information we may collect
- Use and sharing of information collected
- Legal basis for processing your Personal Information
- Cookies, web beacons, and online advertising
- Social Network Access
- International data transfers
- Data retention
- Third-Party Websites
- Your data protection rights
- How to make a request
- Changes and Updates
Who we are
We take your privacy extremely seriously. We aim to process Personal Data / Personal Information (defined below) in a lawful, fair and transparent way, specifically for the purposes for which it was collected, in an adequate and limited way, for as long as it is necessary and promoting security measures to keep the Personal Data accurate, up to date and safe.
Dorel Home is a company (within the Dorel Industries Inc. group of companies) specialized in delivering a wide variety of ready to assemble furniture for home and office use, headquartered at 410 East First Street South, Wright City, Missouri 63390, USA. You can find our office locations and full list of Dorel Home companies / brands at: https://www.dorel.com/pages/home-furnishings-consumer-contacts or by contacting us using the contact details listed below.
This policy explains what data we collect, how and why we collect it, how we store, use, disclose and keep information about you and your interactions with us secure. These interactions include when you visit and use our websites, when you register for newsletters, events, contests, sales, reviews or marketing activities, download digital assets, register and participate in our online community like using our forums or online media channels or when you reply to a Dorel Home survey (collectively, “Online Activities”).
Information We May Collect
The data we process (collect, use and share) about you depends on who you are and how we interact with you. Personal information or data is data that directly identifies you or that could potentially be used to identify you or your household (“Personal Information” or “Personal Data”). This includes data that can be used to identify, locate, track or contact you, including without limitation IP address, geolocation, and website activity logs.
We collect Personal Data from different sources, namely data provided directly by you, data collected automatically from your use of the Website and additional data from third parties.
Data provided directly by you:
As a visitor to the Website, you can engage in many activities and experience the Website without providing any Personal Information.
Regarding other activities within the Website, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself, by filling in online forms, namely:
|Activity||Personal Information Processed|
|Sign up for a newsletter||If you sign up for a newsletter, we will process your email and we may process your name.|
|Registering / creating an account||If you register / create an account with us, we will process your name, your postal address (including apartment number, city, state/province and zip/postal code), email address and phone number.|
|Ordering / making a purchase||If you order or make a purchase with us, we may process your name, your billing address and your credit card number.|
|Shipping a product:||If you order a product to ship, we may process your name, your postal address (including apartment number, city, state/province and zip/postal code), the recipient's postal address, email address and phone number.|
|Opt-in for marketing||Upon ordering a product, you may be given the option to receive marketing information from us. You may also encounter a pop-up regarding product promotions, with an option to receive marketing information from us. If you opt-in, we may process your name and email address.|
|Registering a product:||If you register a product with us, we may process your name, gender, age range, your postal address (including apartment number, city, state/province and zip/postal code), phone number and email address. In some cases, you will also be given the option to receive marketing information from us. If you opt-in, we may process your name and email address.|
|Registering for a contest:||If you register for a contest promoted by us, we may process your name, age range, photo, email address, postal address (including apartment number, state/province, city, zip/postal code).|
|Requesting replacement parts:||If you request a replacement part, we may process your name, email address, phone number and postal address (including apartment number, state/province, city, zip/postal code). In some cases, you will also have the option to receive marketing information from us. If you opt-in, we may process your name and email address.|
|Recalls||If you join a recall, we may process your name, email address, postal address (including apartment number, state/province, city, zip/postal code) and phone number.|
|Presenting a claim (general or warranty related):||If you present a claim, regarding a general issue or to activate a warranty. We may process your name, email, postal address (including apartment number, state/province, city, zip/postal code), phone number and bill of sale.|
|Requesting product manuals:||If you request us to provide you with a product manual, we may process your name, email address, phone number and postal address (including apartment number, state/province, city, zip/postal code).|
|Contacting us for product information:||If you contact us to provide you with product information, we may process your name, email address, phone number, and postal address (including apartment number, state/province, city, zip/postal code).|
|Contacting us for media or sales inquiries:||If you contact ss regarding media or sales inquiries, we may process your name, email address, phone number and postal address (including apartment number, state/province, city, zip/postal code).|
|Contacting us to make suggestions or help in the chat box:||If you contact us to make suggestions or to obtain assistance through the chat box, we may process your name and postal address (including apartment number, state/province, city, zip/postal code).|
|Checking an order:||If you want to check an order, we may process your email address and order number.|
|Exercising your Privacy Rights:||When you submit a request related to our processing of Personal Information about you, we process your name, email address, residence, type of request, any comments you provide, and any additional information needed to verify your identity.|
Usage data collected automatically:
When you visit the Website, our servers may capture the IP addresses, browser type, operating system, browser dimensions, device type, domain names and network identifiers of our users. In some countries, including those in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personally identifiable information under applicable data protection laws. This information is aggregated so that we can measure the number of visits, average time that you (as a visitor) spend on the Website, the pages viewed, and other similar usage information.
We use this information to measure the use of our Website and applications, and to improve the content and functionality of our Website and applications. Without expressly informing you, we do not, and will not, match such information with any of your Personal Information.
When visiting the Website, we may collect your Personal Information, such as electronic identification data (IP addresses, browser type, operating system, CPU speed, domain names and network identifiers of our users).
Additional data from third parties:
We also obtain data from third parties to whom you've provided your Personal Information, for example, to provide you with a service requested by you (delivery of a product) or where you've given your consent to be transferred to us. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this policy and any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third party sources may include service providers that help us to determine a location based on your IP address, in order to customize certain products to your location and our partners with whom we engage in sales and marketing processes.
We may collect, from third parties to whom you've provided Personal Information, such as contact information, including postal address (apartment number, state/province, city, zip/postal code), email address, phone number and electronic localization data (GPS location based on IP address).
Use and Sharing of Information Collected
You have the right to know if your Personal Data is being shared with third parties. Unless otherwise disclosed during its collection, Personal Information that may be collected in connection with visitors to this Website is retained by us or our affiliated companies. We and our affiliates do not rent, sell, transfer or otherwise disclose Personal Information outside those companies, except as disclosed below or where disclosure is required by law. In other words:
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR DATA
We do not share, sell, rent or trade your Personal Information with third parties for their commercial purposes.
We may use your Personal Information in order to be able to provide you with services and/or products that you require, to complete any transaction, or with your consent. We may share Personal Data with our affiliated companies, with vendors working on our behalf, when required by law or to respond to legal process, to protect our customers, to protect lives, to maintain the security of our products and to protect our rights and property of that of our customers, our affiliates and their customers.
We may use the Personal Information you provided for the following purposes:
a) to contact product owners in response to product recalls,
b) to understand the use of our Website and make improvements,
c) to fulfill orders,
d) to respond to requests from visitors,
e) to give customers product support,
f) to provide any necessary notices to our visitors
g) to protect the security or integrity of our Website when necessary,
h) to send you notices and solicitations regarding the Website, our products or our affiliates,
i) to share with authorized retailers and distributors of our products in order to promote our products to you, and,
j) in general, to promote and market our products and/or products of our affiliates to you.
We also may share Personal Information with third parties for the following purposes:
a) to provide us with services in connection with the purposes listed above, such as website hosting, professional services (including information technology services and related infrastructure), customer service, shipping of items you order (transport companies for logistic services), auditing and other similar services necessary to the operation of the Website and services you request. In such cases, the information will be shared for the purpose stated and not for independent use by the service provider;
b) in connection with an actual or potential corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock;
c) to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary:
i. as a matter of applicable law or regulation,
ii. to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or
iii. to protect your vital interests or those of any other person; and
d) to any other person with your consent to such disclosure.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
Some regulations require that companies identify the legal basis that supports the processing activity of Personal Data.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data described above will depend on the type of Personal Data and the specific context in which we collected it.
However, we will normally collect Personal Data from you only:
i. where we need the Personal Information to enter into or perform a contract with you, for example when you purchase our products (or spare parts);
ii. where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, for example responding to your queries or to tailor our marketing to you;
iii. where we have your consent to do so; or
iv. in some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you or may otherwise need the Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information).
If we collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), these interests will generally relate to:
- operating our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services and support to you,
- responding to your queries,
- improving our services and platform,
- undertaking marketing, or
- for the purpose of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
For the purpose of this section, “Personal Information” includes information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you. The following is a list of categories of Personal Information which we may collect or may have been collected from California residents within the last twelve (12) months.
Please note that the categories and examples provided in the list below are those defined in the CCPA. This does not mean that all examples of that category of Personal Information were in fact collected by us but reflects our good faith belief to the best of our knowledge that some of that information from the applicable category may be and may have been collected. For example, certain categories of Personal Information would only be collected if you provided such Personal Information directly to us:
(not intended to be exhaustive)
|Identifiers||Your real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or United States federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|Commercial Information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|Biometric Information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|Geolocation Data||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|Sensory Data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
Under the CCPA, Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, such as:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data
- Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994
Sources of Personal Information
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your activity on our Website.
- Automatically from you. For example, through cookies we or our service providers set on your device as you navigate through our Website.
- From service providers. For example, third-party vendors to monitor and analyze the use of our Website, third-party vendors for payment processing, if applicable, or other third-party vendors that we use to provide the Website services to you.
Use of Personal Information for Business Purposes or Commercial Purposes
We may use or disclose Personal Information we collect for "business purposes" or "commercial purposes" (as defined under the CCPA), which may include the following examples:
- To operate our Website and provide you with our services.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our service.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your contact information to ask a question about our Website or products, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information to purchase a product, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- For internal administrative and auditing purposes.
- To detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, including, when necessary, to prosecute those responsible for such activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information for Business Purposes or Commercial Purposes
We may use or disclose and may have used or disclosed in the last twelve (12) months the following categories of Personal Information for business or commercial purposes:
- Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
- Commercial information
- Geolocation Data
- Internet or other similar network activity
Please note that the categories listed above are those defined in the CCPA. This does not mean that all examples of that category of Personal Information were in fact disclosed but reflects our good faith belief to the best of our knowledge that some of that information from the applicable category may be and may have been disclosed.
When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose or a commercial purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Sale of Personal Information
As defined in the CCPA, "sell" and "sale" mean selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer's Personal Information by the business to a third party for valuable consideration, but not necessarily a monetary benefit. We do not sell your Personal Information, so no opt-out choice is necessary.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share Your Personal Information identified in the above categories with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers
- Payment processors
- Our affiliates
- Our business partners
- Third party vendors to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or services we provide to you
Your Rights Under the CCPA
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights:
(1) The right to notice. You have the right to be notified which categories of Personal Information are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Information is being used.
(2) The right to request. Under the CCPA, you have the right to request that we disclose information to you about our collection, use, sale, disclosure for business purposes and sharing of Personal Information. Once we receive and confirm your request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you
- If we sold your Personal Information or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information categories sold
- The categories of Personal Information categories disclosed
(3) The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information. You have the right to request that we maintain accurate Personal Information about you, and, considering the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of processing that Personal Information, to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information.
(4) The right to delete Personal Information. You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your request, we will delete (and direct our Service Providers to delete) Your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our Service Providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
(5) Right to limit use of sensitive Personal Information - The right to limit the use of your CCPA sensitive Personal Information for any purpose other than what is specified in CCPA Regulations section 7027(m).
(6) The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for choosing to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA
We may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your requests. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for the purpose of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification. We may deny certain requests, or only fulfill some in part, as permitted or required by law. For example, if you request to delete CCPA Personal Information, we may retain such CCPA Personal Information that we need to retain for legal purposes (for tax and accounting purposes, for example).
The CCPA gives California Consumers the right to lodge a complaint with the California Attorney General's office. The Attorney General's office may be contacted at oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company or by telephone at: (916) 210-6276.
Authorized agents may exercise privacy rights on your behalf, provided that they make available evidence of your written permission.
For security reasons, we may require you to confirm your identity. We may also require you to confirm to us directly that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
The foregoing does not apply in cases where a consumer has provided the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
An authorized agent shall not use a consumer's Personal Information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer's requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention.
Notice of Financial Incentive
You have the right to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. The CCPA also allows us to offer certain financial incentive programs that may result in different prices, rates, or quality levels when consumers make purchases through these programs. When you sign up for these programs, we will ask you to provide your contact information, email address or phone number to receive messages that include information about the programs. Your contact information, email address and phone number are Personal Information, and the value of your Personal Information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products that you obtain in connection with these programs, and it is based on the expense related to offering those free or discounted products or services. Before we save your contact information, email address and/or phone number to our databases or send you any promotion offer, you will be presented with the opportunity to opt-in to the program. You may withdraw from participating in these programs at any time.
We may from time to time offer rewards programs, benefits, and other offerings to consumers related to the collection, retention, or sale of Personal Information that may be deemed a "financial incentive" or "price or service difference" under the CCPA.
We are providing you with this information so that you may make an informed decision on whether to participate in our programs.
Examples of the programs we may offer include:
- Reward Program: We may offer a program where customers can earn rewards, accumulate points on purchases, and discounts on purchases. As part of the program, we may collect Personal Information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and date of birth.
- One-Time Promotions: We may offer you one-time percentage off coupons, discounts, or other promotions from time to time, such as when you provide us your email address and agree to receive marketing emails in exchange for a one-time coupon or when you provide an email address as a referral. Such offers may not be available at all times. The amount and terms of such offers will be presented to you at the time of the offer.
The value of the benefits we provide to you via these programs depends on variouThs factors, including the benefits and insights that we realized when you use our services and buy our products, sales generated from participation in our programs, whether the sales generated by our programs exceed the costs to us of offering such programs, how many consumers sign up for our programs, and increased goodwill generated from provision of our programs.
Participation in our promotional programs is always optional, and you can terminate program participation at any time as explained in the applicable program terms, or by contacting us.
We may communicate with you via an automated online account where all or substantially all the actions or posts of that account are not the result of a person (a "Chatbot"). We may use such Chatbots to help provide you service and address your queries. Such Chatbot features may also record any conversations between you and the Chatbot to help ensure we are best serving you and other users.
It is our policy that visitors to our Website who are under the age of 18 (or applicable age of majority if higher in a particular jurisdiction) should not post on or provide information to our Website without the consent of their parents. You should supervise the online activities of your children and consider the use of parental control tools available from online services and software providers that help provide a kid-friendly Internet environment. The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16 from the Website. If we learn that we have obtained any personally identifiable information about a child under age 13 (or 16), we will delete that information.
This Website has technical and organizational security measures in place. Some of the measures we use in different circumstances are encryption, secured entry points to our servers, and monitoring and training for our personnel to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We also have implemented measures to maintain the ongoing confidentiality, integrity and availability of the systems and services that process Personal Information and will restore the availability and access to data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
However, no system is perfect or can guarantee that unauthorized access or theft of information will not occur.
International data transfers
Your Personal Information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, some of our Website servers are located in the United States, and our affiliates and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your Personal Information, we may process it in various countries.
We may also rely on transfer mechanisms approved by authorities in the country from which the data are transferred to implement safeguards with our third-party service providers and partners to ensure the protection of Personal Data. Further details, and copies of the standard contractual clauses can be provided upon request.
We retain Personal Data we collect where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, to retain your information for future marketing purposes or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In general, we will hold your Personal Information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us and for a reasonable period of time afterward, for instance to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We review our retention periods of Personal Information on a regular basis.
This Website may contain links to other sites of third parties. We are not responsible for the content of those websites or the privacy practices of those other websites or websites that they, in turn, may link to.
Your data protection rights
Regardless of where you are, you have rights under privacy and data protection laws, regarding the Personal Data we process about you.
You may exercise your rights by email or contacting us via telephone through the contacts available below.
You do not have to pay a fee and we will aim to acknowledge and respond to your request within the specific legal timeframe required by the laws applicable to Personal Information about you.
We will honor the requests you make related to your rights as the law allows, meaning that in some cases there may be legal or other official reasons that limits us to comply the specific request you make related to your rights.
You have / may exercise the following rights:
- the right to be informed (to know) about the Personal Data that we process, at or before the point of collection (when obtained directly from you).
- the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of the Personal Information we process about you:
- Right of access: you may request us to confirm if information about you is processed. If such is the case, you will receive access to your information and its processing.
- Right of rectification: If our information about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request us to rectify your information.
- Right to erasure / deletion: You may request us to erase/ delete your information, for instance, if the information is unlawfully processed, or if you have withdrawn your consent.
- the right to object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information;
- Right to object, processing of Personal Data based in our legitimate interests, for instance regarding direct marketing purposes.
Right to restrict processing: You may request us to restrict the processing of your information, if
- (i) the information is inaccurate,
- (ii) the processing is unlawful,
- (iii) you need us to retain the information after the retention period for a legal claim, or
- (iv) you have objected to the processing and a verification of our legitimate interests is pending.
- Right to data portability: You may request us to provide you with an electronic file of your information, or to transfer your Personal Data to a third party if such is technically feasible.
- the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing e-mails we send you. Alternatively, you can indicate your marketing preferences for email, phone and postal marketing during registration or at any time by contacting Us using the contact details provided below.
- the right, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- the right to equal service and price - the right not to be discriminated against.
We do not make decisions solely on automated processing, including profiling, that may produce legal effects or similarly significantly effects concerning you.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you have an unresolved privacy or Personal Data collection, use, or disclosure concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please know that you have the right to complain / address your concerns to a local data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
How to make a request
To exercise your privacy rights, you can communicate to us by sending an email to DHFDataPrivacyRequest@Dorel.com and if you are in the United States, by calling toll-free 877-732-8252.
In order for us to protect Personal Data in our care we are required to confirm the identity of the owner of the Personal Data.
On receiving a rights request, we will contact you, acknowledging your request and ask you to provide us with information that enables us to confirm your identity as the owner of the Personal Data in order to comply with your request. This may be confirmation of something we know about you or something we know you have, given our relationship.
Changes and Updates
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information, please contact us using the following details:
Address: Data Privacy Department 410 East First Street South, Wright City, Missouri 63390, USA